Grocery stores intending to offer mobile self scanning via the FutureProof Platform will need:
- Loss prevention checkpoint(s). One or more loss prevention checkpoints should be located near the store's front end. For maximum effect the checkpoint should be separated from regular lanes and walkways. Typical locations are behind the last lane or next to the customer service booth.
- Produce labels. Self scanning of produce requires that scannable bin tags be maintained, or PLU numbers clearly listed next to the produce names.
- Scannable scale(s). One or more scannable scales makes the purchasing of bulk items more convenient for shoppers.
Stores intending to implement the counter service system will also need:
- Fullfillment device(s) for counter staff to process orders from - at least 1 per counter. These can be any tablet or computer. Bizerba's line of deli scales are also integrated with the system allowing retailers to avoid a second device at the counter.
- Ordering Device(s) (optional) allow shoppers without smartphones to place orders in the store. The device can be any computer or tablet and should be located near the counter where orders will be fulfilled.
Full service setup including integration, store install, devices, staff training and tech support is available from trained and qualified service partners.
Watching customers interact with the app was so gratifying, they were just giddy with the ease and simplicity of changing the least fun aspect of grocery shopping, mainly the interminable waiting in line to checkout.
- Alfred, Grocer